Monday, January 3, 2011

Miracles

One of my favorite scriptures is Luke 6:38   NIV "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."  KJV  "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.


The other day I was driving around Greenhaven looking for a place to start having our weekly Bible classes. As I drove around I looked at my gas gauge and saw that I needed to fill her up. The only gas station in the area was a 76 station and the gas was $3.30 a gallon. I said to myself "No way!" Needless to say I ended up getting gas at that station. As I was pumping my gas, a old lady pulled up behind me in a old white Toyota to get gas. While I sat there with my gas pumping I noticed that she had  hung a blue handicapped decal on her rear view mirror and was looking around for an attendant to pump her gas. I failed to mentioned that this station doubled as a repair shop and only had two attendants who were busy helping other customers. While standing there I heard a voice in my head say "Pump her gas." I was like "No way." Just as I was thinking that she mouthed to me from her car "Do you want to pump my gas?" I hung up my pump and twisted on my gas cap and proceeded to pump her gas and we were both on our ways. As I left that gas station I had the best feeling come over me that I had did something good for the day.


I had got half way home and forgot about the whole situation in Greenhaven and suddenly the image of that women's car came to my mind and I heard God's voice tell me "That was a test." I had been praying for months that I wanted to help people and do the will of the Lord. I understand now that God will test you with small things before He will allow us to do greater things in the kingdom. I could have got in my car and drove away and left that old lady to wait for someone else to pump her gas.


 In our lives we often wait on someone else to do what we are capable of doing ourselves. "Pump the gas for someone." Do a service for someone in your community, work, school, or faith community. As a result of  helping that old lady at the 76 station God blessed me. I got a call from a man who saw an ad I had put in the classified section looking for volunteers. He owned a sound and lighting company that did large and small events. He offered to donate sound and lighting equipment when we start having our church services. I went to his place of business and he had a garage full of all the audio and lighting equipment that you can imagine. He said "Pastor Marcus let me know what you need and I will do my best to help you out." Praise God for miracles!!! I got home later that day and found a letter from a claims department stating that I was apart of a class action law suit that I wasn't aware of. The check wasn't that big but it could put some extra gas in the tank. Find someone to give to today and watch God shower down his blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment